2.11.12

it's the little things


While you have all been skipping amongst the foliage and the apple orchards, sipping on pumpkin spice lattes and baking apple pies, I have been slowly melting in the unforgiving heat and humidity. Well, it hasn't been all that bad. We are in the midst of our own harvest season, reaping bales of millet, corn, bushels of squash, okra, cucumbers, tomatoes, the list goes on. And while I am more than enjoying the bounty, I still miss the seasonal offerings of autumn. To rectify this unsavory situation, I channeled my inner fall fairy and found my crafty side.






The solution – my newly inherited percolator, left to me by my site-mate who recently left the country. While it doesn't replace her witty texts and tidbits of knowledge, it certainly helps with my caffeine fix. I dash a little cinnamon, a little nutmeg, and a clove or two, and presto-changeo, I have my own autumnal spiced latte. It may not be accompanied by a rustic fall view, but it certainly tastes like it. 

1 comment:

  1. Aimee
    I see an entepreneurial opportunity,,,,,,Aimees fall harvest Senegalize coffee walk thru!!!!!!
    Love u AUnt Moe

    ReplyDelete